Centralize the academic calendar
Manage academic years that follow multiple term formations. Run concurrent terms with different cycle durations. Schedule future calendar years and let the system activate and close years as required.
Suspend the running of a calendar year and reschedule all pending scheduled activities to a later date.
Monitor activities that happen during the year, tracked by semester learning periods.
Institutions are structured in different ways. Single campus or multi-campus with variations in their organizational structure. Proper management of the academic processes of an institution is tightly coupled with an effective definition of the organizational structure.
With the academic structure:
- Define to a great detail, the organization structure.
- Configure organizations to support business process workflows.
- Analyse data for an individual organization or a group of organizations.
To adequately track a student's academic progress qualitatively and accurately, there is need for a course data structure that captures all critical data about courses. Course data structure encompasses credit levels, academic qualifications, courses, grading schemes etc.
With the course structure:
- Define higher education qualification framework and the qualifications.
- Define courses and programs
- Define student learning outcomes at the various levels of the course structure.
- Define grading schemes and assessment plans.
- Define repeat policies.
With the Admissions module, you can:
- Design targeted review templates and assign them to programs.
- Internet applications are routed to the responsible admission officers.
- Applications to different programs get reviewed differently rather than having a blanket reviews.
- Customized workflows enable direct admissions, admissions with reservations to be escalated for further review.
- Managing matriculation is simplified through an elaborate waitlist management.
- Processes such as rule checking or creation of student master records and account data from applications, can be triggered in the background for automated processing.
- Finally, the software lets you send e-mail or letters to prospects, informing them of the final status of their applications.
- Publish registration invitations and schedule future registration invitations.
- Automate monitoring & task execution of important dates e.g census date, fee payment deadline, class registration deadline etc.
- Have better revenue recognition and better nominal registration control.
- Combined student records and student finance, the registration's billing configuration can be setup to take to account parameters such as residency, payment plans, tuition waivers assigned to student accounts to determine the right amounts to invoice students.
The students can:
- Enroll/drop classes with the necessary checks in place e.g checking for repeats, requisite checks, course load limits etc.
- Liaise with academic advisors on their selections.
- View alternatives on courses if maximum enrollment is reached for courses they intend to enroll.
- Be configured as advisors targeted to a specific cohort.
- Approve/reject class enrollments by students.
- Schedule advising sessions for students
- Override enrollment restrictions put in the system if a situation arises that warrants it.
With Facilities Management:
- Define facility space according to Facilities & Inventory Classification Manual (NCES).
- Assign space to departments and share space among departments.
- Compute space utilizations by department, program, module or student.
- Analyze facility entitlements by departments or programmes and make necessary readjustments.
- Produce facility usage reports for regulatory reporting.
- Import facilities data from other institutions for comparison purposes and also share your facilities data to other institutions.
With the class scheduling module:
- Decentralize class scheduling processes to departments.
- Add course offerings singly or in batch.
- Roll-over class schedule data from a previous like year
- Cross-list class sections
- Control class enrollment lists
- Add instructors to classes and share their instructional workloads.
With Curriculum Management:
- Define unlimited syllabus elements and student learning out comes for modules and programmes.
- Define multiple assessment plans and assign them to modules based on the modules evaluation strategy.
- Define unlimited grading schemes and assign them to programs and modules.
- Define program, course and assessment learning outcomes and track students learning outcomes.
- Instructors can create assessments that evaluates a student learning outcome.
- Grade value computation is automated.
- Instructors can post grades to grade roster singly or in batch.
- Quality Management is embedded .
- Manage placement learning activities.
- Academic progression for students is automatically tracked.
- Academic transcripts & resultslips data is made available to relevant roles.
With Workload Management:
- Automate workload assignment tracking from class scheduling activites.
- Define unlimited weighted instructional activities which describes workload assignments.
- Limit workload assignment limits to a single or a group of instructors.
- Manage and track instructor cross-department workload assignments and report on it.
- Track FTES/FTEF generated from day-to-day curriculum activities for analysis.
With the gradebook module:
- Create student assessments and enter grades
- Manipulate assessment weights and class contribution percentages to assessments.
- Calculate student grades and GPA based on complex assessment plans.
- Track assessment, course and qualification student learning outcomes during the students lifetime.
- Manage failed classes business processes.
- Integrate with popular learning management systems to improve learning.
- Produce resultslips & transcripts that can be configured.
With Student Records:
- Centralize student profiles.
- Define unlimited extra-curricular activities use it to track student's activities.
- Track student's academic progression.
- Define and track student disabilities so as to better manage their requirements.
- Track student matters e.g disciplinary matters.
- Student clearance is fully automated and transactional.
- Convert students to alumni.
With the Student Finance Module Module:
- Build tuition classication for all your students based on parameters in student records.
- Define unlimited charge items,refund items and use them to build term fee and module fee structures.
- Define unlimited fee structures and assign them to programmes.
- Create fee rates that adjusts the total cost of the fee structure.
- Manage tuition waivers for different categories of students.
- Create & manage payment plans.
- Define refund rules & schedules that are prorated and the system will compute refunds due automatically.
- Define payment allocation rules that dictate how payments will be allocated to charges.
- Automate bank reconciliation.
- Better manage the fee collection process.
- Integration with GL applications.
The Financial Aid Module allows you to:
- Create and manage unlimited financial aid programmes both internal and external.
- Define qualification and packaging rules.
- Customize financial aid setup for regulatory compliance.
- Access information from student records that is required for Financial Aid processing.
- Manage the financial aid lifecycle - application, verification, award and posting process.
- Generate detailed reports on the allocation of awards & utilization of the funds.
With Accomodation Management:
- Create unlimited categories of guests.
- Create unlimited room rates and assign them to rooms.
- Define hostel,rooms,beds and apply allocation rules on them.
- Automate reservations,allocations
- Guests can create maintenance requests
- Hostel managers automate scheduling of inspections and based on the reviews charge guests for repairs.